Tuesday, July 19, 2011

LMFAOing all the way to the bank.

Every day I'm shufflin'. In the morning commute, the afternoon commute, and all other times of the day I have a case of the Party Rock Anthem. When I get home I go to Pandora but unlike the rest of the music playing world, my LMFAO station decides to skip over their biggest hit.

When I finally got sick of I'm in Miami Bitch, I did the inevitable. I went to iTunes.

Big mistake.

I was ready to pay any amount of money until I actually got to the site.  My eyes bulged when I saw the price: $1.29.  Sorry, Mr. Jobs, even I have limits.  Disappointed, I headed over to YouTube.  I thought that seeing a video of Rupert Murdoch getting a foam pie to the face might cheer me up.

I had my epiphany before the site finished loading.  I typed a "p" into the search box; before I could press "a", the first result that came up was "party rock anthem".  Over 122,000,000 views.  Obviously I was a little late to the game.  No matter, I blissfully ignored the pre-video ads, minimized the window, put my hands up to the sound, and lost my mind, knowing that I would no longer be $1.29 poorer. 



For those that missed it, the moral of the story is to skip iTunes, and go directly to YouTube. Also, you can create YouTube playlists.

No comments:

Post a Comment